Noted harpist chooses Autism Cymru as her beneficial charity at Caregos Charity Celebrity Event|
CARDIFF, Wales: Autism Cymru is delighted to announce that Jemima Phillips - the noted harpist who played at the wedding reception of Prince Charles and Camilla - has nominated Autism Cymru as her beneficial charity for the Caregos Charity Celebrity event at Koywood Art Gallery, Cardiff, on July 9, 2008.
This year, Caregos will be combining their bespoke jewellery exhibition evening with raising money for charity. They have approached 10 Welsh celebrities, asking them to design a necklace with their chosen charity as inspiration.
As a nominated charity, Autism Cymru is lucky enough to be able to sell a limited amount of tickets to this event. One hundred per cent of the money raised from these tickets will go straight to Autism Cymru and help us to keep moving forward the Autism agenda in Wales.
The exhibition will have a canapé, white, red and sparkling wine reception and Jemima Phillips will be providing a recital for guests during the evening.
All ticket holders will have a chance to win one of the celebrity designed pieces of jewellery. There will also be lots of other wonderful prizes available from Welsh craftspeople such as handbag designers, toiletry makers and handmade chocolates.
Please can you show your support and buy a ticket. Tickets costs just £10 or special deal – a pair for £20! Please contact Jennie Thomas on 02920 463263 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
A few other celebrity designers are currently confirmed as:
* Carolyn Hitt (Western Mail Journalist & TV Presenter) - nominated charity Cancer Care Cymru. http://www.cancercarecymru.org
* Rebecca Evans (opera singer) - nominated charity Cancer Care Cymru. http://www.cancercarecymru.org
* Jemima Phillips (noted harpist, who played at the wedding reception of Prince Charles and Camilla) - nominated charity Autism Wales. http://www.awares.org
* Sian Lloyd (glamorous weather presenter and TV personality) - nominated charity Powys Air Ambulance. http://www.walesairambulance.com
* Shan Cothi (opera singer) - nominated charity Pancreatic Cancer Fund.
Rhian Wyn Thomas (Championship Welsh golfer) - nominated charity Cancer Care Cymru. http://www.cancercarecymru.org
* Helen Rhiannon (fashion designer responsible for the dress worn by Katherine Jenkins for the 'Cool Cymru' photographs) - nominated charity Noahs Ark Appeal. http://www.noahs-ark-appeal.org.
(Source: Autism Cymru, May 27, 2008)